Money Plant Green Care Guide
As belonging to the Pothos variety, the Money Plant Green, also known as Green Pothos. While the plant is one of the most common indoor plants you’ll find in several Indian homes it still is a glory to behold. With its heart-shaped leaves, this trailing vine is believed to bring good luck. What's more exciting? The fact that it is pretty effective in removing common toxins found in indoor air.
Pothos and especially the Money Plant Green are one of the Air Purifying Plants.
It’s easy to care for, easy to propagate, survives in a variety of environments and pot types, and also purifies indoor air. What more goodness can be sent to you and your loved ones? Well, from Raksha Bandhan to Diwali and all the other festivals in between. Pothos are a great gift.
For all these reasons, if you wish to add the Money Plant Green to your houseplant collection, then read to find out everything you need to know about caring for it.
Buy this popular and our best selling indoor plant. Its easy to care and helps to absorb toxins and filters air.
How to Grow Money Plant Green
Like most other vines, the Money Plant Green can be propagated through stem cuttings. If you have a long vine, you can divide it into multiple sections and have each one grow into a beautiful vine of its own. But ensure that each section you make has at least one node for that’s where the roots emerge. When it comes to root formation, one of the easiest ways to do it will be to prop the cuttings into a container filled with water, with the nodes submerged. Once the root emerges, you can plant the cuttings into their respective pots.
Is Money Plant Green Easy to Care For?
If you are looking for a plant that’s not too fussy about the growing conditions, then the Money Plant Green should definitely be on your list. It is pretty easy to care for even for beginners.
How to Care for Money Plant Green
Is the Money Plant Green easy to care for, yes. But here's how to do it the right way.
1. How much sunlight does Money Plant Green need?
As far as the sunlight is concerned, the Money Plant Green is not very finicky when it comes to sunlight.
It can survive pretty well in diverse light conditions. But moderate to bright light conditions work best. This hardy plant can also tolerate low light conditions. However, avoid direct sunlight since it can burn the leaves.
Also Read: How to Care for Money Plant Satin
2. How often should you Water Money Plant Green?
The watering needs of the Money Plant Green are very similar to that of most indoor plants. Water it once or twice a week during moderate temperatures and more frequently, if required, during summers. In the winter, extend the time between waterings as consistently damp soil might lead to root rot.
3. What temperature range can Money Plant Green tolerate?
The Money Plant Green can tolerate moderate to warm conditions, perfect for Indian households. The ideal temperature for the plant to thrive will be 21 - 32 degrees Celsius. It can tolerate low temperatures too but you should be careful about avoiding overwatering the plant during cold weather conditions.
4. Does Money Plant Green need humidity?
The Money Plant Green Grows well when the humidity levels are moderate to high. If you think that your indoor air is getting drier, misting the plant occasionally will keep it happy.
Pro Tips to Care for Money Plant Green
- Often less bothersome, the Money Plant Green does not need frequent fertilization. A mild plant feed applied every two months is enough to keep the plant healthy and happy. In the winter, it does not need to be fertilized.
- If you notice the leaves of the Money Plant Green turning yellow and falling off, it is a clear sign of overwatering. It’s alright to let the soil dry out a little bit before you water the plant again. Do not let the soil stay damp all the time.
- During summers, if you let the soil stay dry for too long, you might notice the leaves of the Money Plant Green curling and drooping. Watering the plant again should bring them back to life.
- Dry leaf tips can be due to low humidity levels. Ensure that the soil does not get too dry and mist the plant or increase the indoor humidity levels to avoid these issues.
- Both the stem and the leaves of the Money Plant Greens are toxic to pets and mildly toxic to humans as well. Wash your hands thoroughly after making stem cuttings for propagation and keep the plant away from pets.
That wraps up the Greenkin's guide to pamper and nourish your Money Plant Green. In its natural habitat, when growing in the wild that is, the Money Plant Green can grow into long vines reaching about 60 feet especially when they climb a huge tree. In an indoor setup, with some care and a little patience, it can grow up to 10 feet or more. Adding a moss pole for support makes so much difference. We at Greenkin, are always there to support all your Green leafy needs. Follow Greenkin to know more.