How to Grow and Take Care of Your Money Plant Green
Money Plant Green (Epipremnum aureum), also known as Green Pothos is one of the most common indoor plants you’ll find in several Indian homes. With its heart-shaped leaves, this trailing vine is believed to bring good luck. What's more, it is pretty effective in removing common toxins found in indoor air. It’s easy to care for, easy to propagate, survives in a variety of environments and pot types, and also purifies indoor air.
For all these reasons if you wish to add the Green Money Plant to your houseplant collection, then read to find out everything you need to know about caring for it.
Buy this popular and our best selling indoor plant. Its easy to care and helps to absorb toxins and filters air.
How should you propagate Money Plant Green?
Money Plant Green is easy to propagate. The following propagation “cut and plant” guide:
- Stem cuttings: Like most other vines, the Green Money Plant can be propagated through stem cuttings.
- Vine Division & Node Presence: If you have a long vine, you can divide it into multiple sections and have each one grow into a beautiful vine of its own. But ensure that each section you make has at least one node for that’s where the roots emerge.
- Water Propagation: When it comes to root formation, one of the easiest ways to do it will be to prop the cuttings into a container filled with water, with the nodes submerged.
- Pot Transference: Once the root emerges, you can plant the cuttings into their respective pots.
Remember, plant propagation requires patience. Establishing roots and beginning growth from the cutting may take a few weeks.
Also Check This: Indoor Plant Buying Guide: How to choose the best Indoor plant
How to take care of money plant
Here are some care tips to help your Green Money Plant flourish:
1. Sunlight Requirements:
The Green Money Plant is not very finicky when it comes to sunlight. It can survive pretty well in diverse light conditions. But moderate to bright light conditions work best. This hardy plant can also tolerate low light conditions. However, avoid direct sunlight since it can burn the leaves.
2. Watering Routine:
The watering needs of the Green Money Plant are very similar to that of most indoor plants. Water it once or twice a week during moderate temperatures and more frequently, if required, during summers. In the winter, extend the time between waterings as consistently damp soil might lead to root rot.
3. Temperature Considerations:
The Green Money Plant can tolerate moderate to warm conditions, perfect for Indian households. The ideal temperature for the plant to thrive will be 20 - 35 degrees Celsius. It can tolerate low temperatures too but you should be careful about avoiding overwatering the plant during cold weather conditions.
Also Check This: All about the ratrani plant
4. Humidity Needs:
The Green Money Plant grows well when the humidity levels are moderate to high. If you think that your indoor air is getting drier, misting the plant occasionally will keep it happy.
5. Fertilization Schedule:
The Green Money Plant does not need frequent fertilization. A mild plant feed applied every two months is enough to keep the plant healthy and happy. In the winter, it does not need to be fertilized.
Is Money Plant Green safe for pets?
The Money Plant Green is a beautiful addition to the home, but it is important to remember that both the stem and the leaves of the Green Money Plant are toxic to pets and mildly toxic to humans as well. It is recommended to wash your hands thoroughly after making stem cuttings for propagation and to keep the plant away from pets.
Additionally, to ensure the safety of your pets, you must keep the Money Plant Green out of their reach if you own pets. Consider putting the plant in pet-free locations. By putting safety first, you'll be able to enjoy the plant's beauty while keeping your pets safe.
How much sunlight does Money Plant Green need?
The Green Money Plant thrives as an indoor houseplant or outdoor plant. It is not very finicky when it comes to sunlight. Sunlight needs for Money Plant Green:
- It can survive pretty well in diverse light conditions from moderate to bright light conditions.
- It can also tolerate low light conditions from partially sunny to partially shady area.
- However, avoid direct sunlight since its scorching rays can burn the leaves.
Also Check This: Night Blooming Jasmine: Everything About Raatrani Plant
How often should you water Money Plant Green?
The following ways to watering Money Plant Green:
- Determine the soil's moisture content by probing it with your finger or a stick.
- When the top soil (3-4 inches) seems dry to the touch, water it.
- Apply approximately 1 cup of water (50 ml). Avoid overwatering your plants.
- Temperature and season affect the quantity of watering.
- Reduce watering during the winter and wet season.
- Water the plant in the morning or evening.
- Use soil that drains well and has holes in it for the best growth.
- Avoid watering plant leaves.
- During the main growth season (January-March), fertilize once two months.
- Keep the plant away from air conditioning vents and overwatering.
The Green Money Plant is a wonderful addition to your office & home's decor because of its versatility and minimal care needs. Any stylish pot packed with soil is sufficient for growing a money plant.
Q1. How big does Money Plant Green get?
Ans. Green Money Plant can grow 60-foot vines in the wild (huge tree-like climbing trees). It can grow up to 10 feet or more with care & patience. For stability, a moss pole makes all the difference.
Q2. Is Money Plant Green easy to care for?
Ans. Green Money Plant is a good choice if you are looking for a plant that’s not too fussy about its growing conditions. It is pretty easy to care for even for beginners.
Q3. What temperature range can Money Plant Green tolerate?
Ans. JThe Green Money Plant thrives at 20–35 oC and can tolerate low temperatures, but you should avoid overwatering it in cold weather.
Q4. How often should you add fertilizer to Money Plant Green?
Ans. As mentioned above, the Green Money Plant does not require regular fertilization, but light plant feed every two months keeps it happy and healthy. No fertilization is needed in winter.
Q5.What should you do if Money Plant Green's leaves are turning yellow?
Ans. The leaves turning yellow and falling off may be an indication of overwatering. Let the soil dry up before watering the plant again. Do not let the soil stay damp all the time.
Q6.What should you do if Money Plant Green's leaves are drooping?
Ans. During summers, if you let the soil stay dry for too long, you might notice the leaves curling and drooping. Watering the plants again should bring them back to life.
Q7.What should you do if Money Plant Green's leaves have dry tips?
Ans.Dry leaf tips can be due to low humidity levels. Ensure that the solid does not get too dry and mist the plant or increase the indoor humidity levels to avoid these issues.